Matthew 13:31-32 New International Version (NIV)
31 He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. 32 Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”
Do you have a vision to accomplish great things for God? Are you starting up a ministry? A company? Or do you want your business investment to grow? Or your small prayer group to become more effective?
God indeed wants us to grow and reach our full capacity. And we are all encouraged to seek to grow our assignments and visions to its fullest potential.
However, we need to recognize that great things start small. There is a period of gestation in life, a period of incubation and maturation. Not recognizing this fact can lead to frustration and exhaustion.
The vision may have started local, but the mission is global. From a small upper room in Jerusalem, a move was born that has changed the world.
From a building on a street called Azusa in downtown Los Angeles came a fire that spread around the world.
God knows how to spread His fire. He knows how to make something with a small beginning to be greatly increased!
In the text above Jesus Christ spoke about the parable of the mustard seed, when planted it is the smallest among all seed, “yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”
- Do not be afraid or ashamed to start small
- Pilot small projects
- Be faithful in little things
- Take time to grow your capacity
- Pray continually that God will bless and enlarge your work
- Do all you need to do to grow your work, sacrifice, pay the price
- Don’t hurry things up, don’t venture into more than you can take at a time.
- Plan your work! Take it one step at a time
- Learn quickly from your mistakes, learn from others who have gone ahead
- Keep your spirit up, and don’t be discouraged with small results
- Persist, persist and persist, never give up!
Though your beginning was small, Yet your latter end would increase abundantly. Job 8:7 New King James Version (NKJV)